Sunday, July 31, 2011

You sew, girl


Finally a chance to sew...and in my new craft room too! The wet and windy weather this weekend gave me the perfect excuse to stay indoors and get stuck into some long awaited projects. It's been ages since I've sewn anything and I didn't realise how much I had missed it! 


Weeks ago I received a lovely package of vintage fabric from Zwizzle, and I have been itching to use it ever since. I finally started cutting and sewing these pretty floral pieces today, and they will become the 'pockets' on some fold-up shopping bags.


I also stitched together the front pieces for a pair of patchwork cushion covers. The various patterned pieces in gorgeous greens are all off-cuts left over from other projects. I'm going to do the back of each cover in plain green, with an envelope opening.


And I finished off a little bunch of felt flower hair elastics.

The new room was great to work in. The kids were close by, building towers with their blocks, doing a bit of craft...and then pulling out the entire contents from a bag of wadding and using it as snow!

Aside from the actual sewing and craft I also managed to organise my blogging and Etsy photos, list a couple more crochet hats, and have a bit of a play with my brand new overlocker...AND my husband and I even spent an afternoon out at the movies.

All in all, quite a productive weekend...hope yours was too!


No comments: