Monday, March 21, 2011

To market, to market...I need a new bag

With a visit to the Perth Upmarket (a treasure trove of handmade goodies) planned for Sunday, I decided that a handy take-along shopping bag would be a good Saturday afternoon project.

A couple of years ago I was given a re-usable polypropylene bag. It rolled up when not in use and turned out to be a very useful little bag. It found a permanent home in my handbag and was used on many a shopping trip. However it was starting to show signs of wear and tear, and needed replacing. So I decided to make my own much cuter version of this bag.

With no time for fabric shopping I found enough plain black lightweight cotton and a funky black and yellow paisley in my stash of offcuts, and set to work. I instantly fell in love with the finished product. I toted it around the markets (which were amazing) filling it with all of my goodies, and it served its purpose very well. Friends and family have already put in their orders, and you will see it available at Cotton And Card soon.




Aside from the markets, I had a really nice shopping trip out with both of my children early Saturday morning.  I realise that our routine has changed a lot since my son started full time school in February. I miss having both of my children at home with me all week, just hanging out together and having adventures. I am so proud to see my son growing up and settling into school, and I am loving all of the 'girly' time my daughter and I now share, but I just don't want either of them to grow up too fast.

On the flip side though, the kids often talk about what it will be like when my daughter finally heads off to school too (she is only three) and they have it all planned out that mummy can drop them both off and then do her craft all day. Now that does sound rather tempting!

To finish, here is a sneak preview of the Moda Sugar Pop fabric coasters. They are coming along nicely.


Fabric coasters sneak preview