Sunday, July 24, 2011

At my desk


I have been working on some felt flowers and a birthday card for my sons friend, who is turning six.


I found a piece of fabric with a cool rocket ship motif for the boys card. I used a die to make the circular window, embossed the piece of card with a star pattern, and finished it off with a bit of hand stitching around the edge of the circle.



The 'Mollie Makes inspired' felt flowers are still a work in progress. I have been trialing some designs as a couple of friends, who love my hair elastics for their little girls, have asked me to make some more 'grown up' designs that they can wear too. I'm happy with the results so far, and have some ideas for fabric flowers too. I'm glad to have had a chance to work on some new ideas. I always have a thousand of them swimming about in my head and it's very satisfying to get some of them out and into something tangible. And quite often the finished design will be nothing like that original idea I had in my head. But it doesn't matter! Without that first spark of inspiration there wouldn't be anything.Working on new ideas is inspiring and fun! What new ideas have you been working on?

No comments: