Friday, May 20, 2011

Getting Distracted



I had every intention of doing the housework...

but as I cleared away the dishes from breakfast, I noticed that the table was indeed looking bare.


All of a sudden I found myself no longer tending to the dishes, but instead rummaging through my fabric stash, combining colours and patterns...


and sewing together a patchwork table runner. Just like that! This type of distraction happens a lot when I am at home pottering and tidying, and I spy a little spot in need of a handmade 'something or other'. 


Returning to the housework, I soon found myself here...in the half renovated bathroom...where I became distracted once again. This time the distraction was in the form of little thoughts like this..
have we chosen the right basin?...do the feature tiles work?...


will it ever be finished? I took some time out to ponder these thoughts, with a cup of tea and a stack of interiors magazines. I then returned to the housework with feelings of renewed excitement and inspiration, for the new bathroom and the approaching kitchen renovation.  


And finally, there is the growing collection of assorted yarn, sitting in plain view in the living room, constantly beckoning to me. I try to resist, but it has a way of drawing me in, and then transporting me to a peaceful, quiet and comforting place, from which I do not wish to return...

and so the housework will just have to wait.

No comments: