Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Fairytale Book Bag

Craft Project of the Day: One drawstring book bag, in fairy-adorned lilac cotton fabric.


I think it took me longer to find the piece of fabric buried in my stash, than it did to complete the entire project! The cute fairy fabric was purchased about three months ago, and I'm really not sure why it has taken me so long to make this simple book bag. My daughter has been waiting very patiently.


From start to finish this drawstring book bag took only one hour to complete...and that included a lengthy lunch break and a bit of colouring-in time with my little one (who was keeping herself busy while waiting for her book bag!)


Of course the book bag needed a test run once complete, so we filled it with some favourite titles, and went outside to share some stories.


One completed drawstring book bag...one happy recipient...and one happy mummy!

No comments: